Richmond holds off La Salle 67-63Jan 16, 2010 - 11:24 PM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Kevin Anderson scored 10 points in the final 4:28 and Richmond held off La Salle 67-63 on Saturday.
The margin was three with 5:57 left before Anderson went to work.
A three-point play and fastbreak layup gave Richmond (14-5, 3-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) a 62-54 lead with 4:02 left. The Explorers (9-8, 2-2) could get no closer than four.
The Spiders had streak of 11 points, which included six by Darien Brothers, and nine - two treys by David Gonzalvez and one by Anderson - en route to a 38-29 halftime lead. Gonzalvez finished the half with 12 points, going 4-for-6 on 3-pointers.
Anderson finished with 21 points, 14 in the second half, and no turnovers in 37 minutes. Gonzalvez finished with 12 and Justin Harper 11.
Aaric Murray led La Salle with 19 points and a career-high 15 rebounds and four blocks. Jerrell Williams added 14 points and Rodney Green 10.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24