Old Dominion routs Drexel 71-48Jan 17, 2010 - 2:32 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Ben Finney scored 19 points and Old Dominion beat Drexel 71-48 on Saturday night.
Gerald Lee added 15 points for the Monarchs (13-5, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who won their fifth game in a row. The Monarchs also won for the 18th straight time at home and have a five-game winning streak over Drexel.
Old Dominion led 35-23 at halftime and opened the second half with an 11-2 run to build a 46-25 advantage after a basket and free throw by Frank Hassell with 17:11 to play. The lead ballooned to 63-35 after a jumper by Lee with 6:17 to play.
The Monarchs are allowing only 56.3 points per game and have held seven opponents this season to less than 50 points.
Old Dominion outrebounded Drexel 44-34 and piled up 23 second-chance points.
Chris Fouch scored 11 points for the Dragons (9-9, 4-2).
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 71 FINAL
Jan 16 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 35 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:54 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27