Delaware State knocks off Bethune-Cookman 77-60Jan 16, 2010 - 11:49 PM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- Marcus Neal scored 19 points and Marques Oliver added 16 to propel Delaware State over Bethune-Cookman 77-60 on Saturday.
The win was the third straight for the Hornets (7-7, 2-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
The Wildcats (10-7, 3-1), who had won three in a row and nine of their last 12, took an early six-point lead, but Delaware State tied the game at 31 at halftime.
Delaware State, shooting 58.6 percent from the field in the second half, broke from a tie at 38 with 15:09 to play and began to pull away. A balanced barrage of 3-pointers allowed the Hornets to continue expanding the margin the rest of the way.
Delaware State's largest lead was 21 points, 73-52, with 2:25 left.
Chad Wilson had 14 points and Jay Threatt added 12 for the Hornets. Jarrell Thomas led Bethune-Cookman with 13 points, with Kevin Dukes supplying 12 and C.J. Reed 10.
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15