Northern Illinois defeats Eastern Michigan 77-69Jan 16, 2010 - 9:50 PM DE KALB, Ill.(AP) -- Xavier Silas scored 25 points Saturday as Northern Illinois stayed unbeaten in the Mid-American Conference with a 77-69 victory over Eastern Michigan.
Darion Anderson added 22 points to give him 1,000 for his career and had a team-high seven rebounds for the Huskies (7-8, 3-0 MAC), who notched their first five-game winning streak since 2002-03. They have their first 3-0 start in the MAC since 1980-81.
Carlos Medlock scored 28 points and Brandon Bowdry had a double-double of 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Eagles (9-7, 1-2), who had won three of their last four. Though Medlock went 14-for-14 from the foul line, he missed all eight of his 3-point attempts.
After Justin Dobbins' jumper pulled Eastern Michigan within 40-39 with 18:18 left, the Huskies put up a 10-0 run for a 50-39 edge. The Eagles got no closer than eight the rest of the way.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28