Florida Atlantic nips Middle Tennessee 61-60Jan 17, 2010 - 4:06 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Alex Tucker hit a layup with 3 seconds remaining to give Florida Atlantic a 61-60 win over Middle Tennessee on Saturday night.
The Owls (8-10, 4-3 Sun Belt Conference) led 38-30 but were outscored 21-2 as Middle Tennessee built a 51-40 lead with 6:36 to play on a jumper by Theryn Hudson. The Owls rallied and regained the lead 59-58 on a jumper by Sanchez Hughley with 23 seconds to play.
Montarrio Haddock gave the Blue Raiders (8-10, 3-3) a 60-59 advantage on short jumper with 5 seconds to go before Tucker's game winner. The Blue Raiders' James Washington missed a shot at the buzzer.
Hughley scored 11 points, and Shavar Richardson and Raymond Taylor each had 10 for the Owls, who have won three of their last four games.
Desmond Yates had a game-high 19 points for the Blue Raiders, who have lost four of their last five. Haddock added 11.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 61
MIDDLE TENN 60 FINAL
Jan 16 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 30
MIDDLE TENN 27 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:45 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20