Butler routs Youngstown State 91-61Jan 16, 2010 - 10:03 PM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Shelvin Mack scored 22 of his 24 points in the first half to lead Butler to a 91-61 victory over Youngstown State Saturday.
Matt Howard scored 22 points, Willie Veasley had 13 points and Zach Hahn had 12 for the Bulldogs (14-4, 7-0 Horizon). Butler scored the game's first eight points and led 49-26 at halftime as Mack was 8-for-10 from the field, leading the way for the Bulldogs' 60-percent shooting success in the half.
Butler finished the game shooting 57 percent compared to 46 percent for Youngstown State.
Sirlester Martin led Youngstown State (7-10, 2-6) with 23 points. Kelvin Bright, who scored 10, was the only other player in double figures for the Penguins.
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 61
BUTLER 91 FINAL
Jan 16 4:00 PM
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 26
BUTLER 49 HALFTIME
Jan 16 2:56 PM
- Butler basketball coach agrees to contract extension May 18
- Butler fills assistant coaching void with hire of Schrage May 12
- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Apr 25
- Butler partners with bone marrow registry in Smith's honor Mar 18
- Shut out of NCAA games, Butler's mascot hard at work outside Mar 18
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Emotional season helps Butler finds its way to NCAA tourney Mar 15
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Jan 19
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- No. 24 Butler changing script with more offensive power Nov 9