Utah Valley St. 63, Seattle 66Jan 17, 2010 - 5:39 AM SEATTLE (AP) -- Chris Gweth scored six of his 12 points in the final 3 minutes to help Seattle hold off Utah Valley 66-63 on Saturday.
Gavin Gilmore had a career-high 12 points for Seattle (8-11). Alex Jones added 11 and Mike Boxley had 10.
Jourdain Scoubes led Utah Valley with 16 points, all in the second half. Scoubes missed a 3-pointer right before the buzzer that would have tied the game.
Tyray Petty and Jordan Swarbrick each had 14 points for Utah Valley (7-10), which has lost five of its last six.
Seattle won despite Charles Garcia scoring just two points in 15 minutes. Garcia leads the Redhawks at 22 points per game, but went to the bench midway through the second half and did not return. Garcia shot 1 for 6 from the field.
"He had a couple of defensive miscues and he was a little bit out of it so we went with other guys," Seattle coach Cameron Dollar said.
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 63
SEATTLE 66 FINAL
Jan 17 12:10 AM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 26
SEATTLE 31 HALFTIME
Jan 16 10:59 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21