Utah earns big 73-69 road win at UNLVJan 17, 2010 - 5:48 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Carlon Brown scored 16 points while Marshall Henderson added 15 to lead Utah to a 73-69 upset win over UNLV on Saturday night.
Brown went 3 of 5 from 3-point range, while Henderson went 5 of 9 from there as Utah (9-8, 2-2 Mountain West) sank 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final minute and a half.
David Foster added 13 points, 6 rebounds and 6 blocks for the Utes, who are 5-1 in Las Vegas since March 2009, when they won the Mountain West Conference tournament.
Junior guard Tre'Von Willis scored a career high 27 points to lead the Rebels (14-4, 2-2). Willis was 13 of 16 from the free-throw line.
Chase Stanback added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Rebels.
There were eight lead changes in the final 6:45. Luka Drca's two free throws with 1:32 gave the Utes the lead for good at 67-66. Drca finished with 10 points, going 8 of 9 from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
UNLV 69 FINAL
Jan 17 12:29 AM
- NCAA BB
UNLV 31 HALFTIME
Jan 16 11:02 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2