Colbert leads Jacksonville past Belmont 82-66Jan 16, 2010 - 10:59 PM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Lehmon Colbert tied his season high with 19 points and added 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season as Jacksonville outlasted Belmont 82-66 on Saturday.
Ben Smith added 17 points, scoring in double figures for the 12th straight game as the Dolphins (8-8, 5-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) won their fifth game in a row and seventh of their last eight.
The Bruins (9-9, 4-4) led by seven in the first half, but the score was tied at 35 at the break.
After Jacksonville built a 57-49 lead, Belmont used a 12-2 run to pull ahead 61-59 with 7:17 left. The Dolphins scored seven straight points and the Bruins could get no closer than four the rest of the way.
Jacksonville outshot Belmont in the second half, 45.5 percent (15-for-33) to 35.5 percent (11-for-31).
The Dolphins had a 41-34 rebounding advantage.
Mick Hedgepeth led the Bruins with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 82 FINAL
Jan 16 5:13 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 35 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:09 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21