Brown's 29 leads Holy Cross past Bucknell 82-69Jan 16, 2010 - 10:55 PM WORCHESTER, Mass.(AP) -- Devin Brown scored 29 points to lead Holy Cross to an 82-69 win over Bucknell on Saturday.
R.J. Evans had with 15 points and Andrew Beinert added 10 for the Crusaders (4-14, 1-2 Patriot League), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Eric Meister finished with eight points and 11 rebounds.
The Bison (6-13, 1-2) took a 42-38 lead on Patrick Behan's jumper with 14:24 left in the second half. But Bucknell wouldn't lead again, as Holy Cross went on a 10-0 run, capped by Evans' layup.
Brown, who shot 10 of 14 from the floor and 4 of 6 from beyond the 3-point line, pushed the Crusaders' margin to 13 with a layup.
Bucknell's Bryson Johnson and Darryl Shazier each scored 16 points. Mike Muscala had 14 points and Behan added 12.
Holy Cross shot 80 percent (24-for-30) from the free-throw line to the Bisons' 63 percent (5-for-8). The Crusaders outrebounded Bucknell 35-19.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17