Iona beats Niagara 64-47 for third straight winJan 16, 2010 - 11:47 PM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Alejo Rodriguez and Scott Machado each scored 12 points and Iona beat Niagara 64-47 on Saturday for its third straight win.
Milan Prodanovic added 11 points for the Gaels (12-6, 4-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who beat Niagara for the third time in their past four meetings.
The Gaels grabbed their biggest lead at 33-14 on a jumper by Keon Williams with 5:42 to play in the first half. The lead never dipped below nine points the rest of the way.
The Gaels shot 45.5 percent from the field (25-for-55) and got 31 points from their bench compared to 11 for Niagara.
Niagara (10-9, 3-4) shot only 28 percent from the field (14-for-50), including making only 4 of 21 (19 percent) from 3-point range.
Anthony Nelson led the Purple Eagles with 15 points and MAAC leading scorer Tyrone Lewis was held to 10 points, seven below his average.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30
- Manhattan edges Iona for MAAC title Mar 10
- MAAC title on line in clash between Jaspers and Gaels Mar 10