Quinnipiac defeats Bryant 80-66Jan 16, 2010 - 11:15 PM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 24 points to lead Quinnipiac to an 80-66 win over Bryant on Saturday.
James Johnson added 16 points for the Bobcats (11-6, 5-1 Northeast Conference), who have won five games in a row.
A layup from Bryant's Chris Birrell cut the Bobcats' lead to 31-29 with 2:04 left in the first half. But Quinnipiac went on a 9-0 run that spanned both halves, and took a 40-29 lead on a jumper from Jeremy Baker with 18:37 remaining in the game.
A 6-0 run late in the second half gave Quinnipiac a 77-59 lead with 1:10 left on the clock.
Birrell scored 14 points to lead the Bulldogs (0-18, 0-6), whose last win was a 70-46 victory over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Feb. 17, 2009. Raphael Jordan chipped in with 13 points.
The two teams will face each other again on Thursday night in Hamden, Conn.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10
- No. 15 Gonzaga takes on Bryant in season opener Nov 9
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18