Johnson carries Texas State to 76-74 victoryJan 17, 2010 - 1:27 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson scored a career-high 34 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked a last-second 3-point attempt to lead Texas State over Central Arkansas 76-74 on Saturday.
Johnson scored the final five points of the game for the Bobcats (8-9, 2-1 Southland). Texas State trailed 72-71 with 1:27 remaining when Johnson scored on a three-point play to give Texas State the lead.
After Tadre Sheppard made two free throws to tie the score 74-74 with 48 seconds left, Johnson scored the game-winner on a layup with 23 seconds remaining.
A 3-point attempt by the Bears' Jared Rehmel in the closing seconds was blocked by Johnson.
John Bowman added 15 points for the Bobcats and Ryan White had 11 points and five assists.
Chris Poellnitz led Central Arkansas (6-11, 0-3) with 17 points. Imad Qahwash added 16 points and 12 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 74
TEXAS STATE 76 FINAL
Jan 16 7:06 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 36
TEXAS STATE 35 HALFTIME
Jan 16 5:49 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11