Deloach leads Norfolk State past Hampton 66-50Jan 17, 2010 - 2:08 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Michael Deloach had 15 points and five steals to lead Norfolk State to a 66-50 win over Hampton on Saturday night as the Spartans won two games in a row for the first time this season.
Norfolk State (3-12, 2-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), playing its first home game since Dec. 5, used a 22-4 run to lead 32-15 with 1:44 left in the first half of the Basketball Battle of the Bay.
The Spartans increased their 33-22 halftime lead to 19 points with 1:04 left.
Deloach, who was 7-for-16 from the floor, also paced Norfolk State with 25 points Monday night when the Spartans snapped their 11-game losing streak, 78-65 at Florida A&M.
The Pirates (4-12, 1-3), who lost their second straight game, were led by Vincent Simpson with 13 points.
Norfolk State had 23 turnovers but outshot Hampton 51 percent from the field (25-for-49) to 29 percent (18-for-62).
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Kentucky starts slow, still pummels Hampton Mar 20
- No. 1 Kentucky opens with matchup against Hampton Mar 19
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- No. 23 Syracuse takes down Hampton Nov 16