Eastern Kentucky defeats Southeast Missouri 79-63Jan 17, 2010 - 2:37 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Josh Taylor scored 19 points and Eastern Kentucky defeated Southeast Missouri 79-63 on Saturday night.
The Colonels (13-6, 6-5 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 22 points off 10 turnovers by Southeast Missouri in their 18th straight win at home. Eastern Kentucky broke its home winning-streak record set twice, in 1987-88 and 1990-91. It's tied for the eighth-longest active streak in the country.
The Colonels never trailed and led by as many as 23 four times - the latest on Spencer Perrin's layup with 3:42 to play.
Josh Daniel scored 16 points and Papa Oppong added 10 for Eastern Kentucky, which won for the fifth time out of its last six.
The Colonels shot 55.6 percent from the field (30 of 54) and had 20 assists, compared to nine turnovers.
Derek Thompson scored 19 for the Redhawks (5-13, 2-6), Sam Pearson added 12 and Anthony Allison had eight assists.
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 63
EASTRN KENTUCKY 79 FINAL
Jan 16 8:48 PM
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 33
EASTRN KENTUCKY 47 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:41 PM
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14