IPFW blocks UMKC's bid for victory, 78-69Jan 17, 2010 - 2:29 AM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- Deilvez Yearby was one blocked shot short of a triple-double Saturday night as IPFW defeated UMKC 78-69.
Yearby had 12 points, 10 rebounds and nine blocks for the Mastodons (8-9, 3-4 Summit). Their leading scorer, Jeremy Mixon, had 17 points in 16 minutes, with 11 of them coming in the first half when IPFW built a 36-28 lead.
Ben Botts scored 16 points and Nick Daniels 10 for IPFW, which led by double digits for most of the second half. UMKC scored at the buzzer for the final margin of nine points.
Trey McKinney-Jones was the only player in double figures with 12 points for UMKC (8-9, 2-4). The Kangaroos had four players with eight points, including LaTreze Mushatt who led UMKC with nine rebounds.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12