Arkansas St. 83, North Texas 70Jan 17, 2010 - 4:11 AM DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Brandon reed's 18 points helped lead Arkansas State defeat North Texas 83-70 in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday night.
Reed was 3 of 13 from the field and made 4 of 5 from 3-point range. Daniel Bryant was an efficient 3 of 3 from beyond the arc and 4 of 5 from the field for his 13 points. Jeremy Thomas added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Red Wolves (10-7, 5-1).
The Mean Green (11-7, 4-4) were by George Odufuwa's 16 points and game-high 12 rebounds. Tristan Thompson was a perfect 7 of 7 from the free-throw line and had 14 points.
The Red Wolves shot 59.3 percent from the field (32 for 54), while the Mean Green made just 40.7 percent (22-54).
The Red Wolves led 38-32 at half and grew the lead to as many 19 with 1:25 left in the game.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27
- 24th-ranked Bulldogs set sights on Mean Green Nov 27