Texas A&M-Corpus Christi prevails 98-83Jan 17, 2010 - 4:15 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer scored 25 points and Justin Reynolds added 23 and 11 rebounds as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi defeated Northwestern State 98-83 Saturday night.
The Islanders (8-8, 3-0 Southland) also got 20 points from Shamar Coombs.
Will Pratt finished with 14 points while Damon Jones had 13 and Devon Baker 12 for the Demons (5-11, 0-3), who lost their sixth straight.
Both teams shot better than 50 percent and each finished with the same number of field goals (31) and 3-pointers (eight).
The game was decided at the free-throw line where Corpus Christi was 28 of 37, Northwestern State 13 of 20.
The Islanders led 44-35 at halftime and increased their advantage to as many as 19 in the second half.
rootsLMPtG1 Added 5 roots
Northwestern State 83, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 98 FinalJan 18 8:47 AM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 83
TX A&M CORP CHR 98 FINAL
Jan 16 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 35
TX A&M CORP CHR 44 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:55 PM
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 18 Mississippi State bedevils Northwestern State Dec 22
- Demons and Bulldogs duke it out in Jackson Dec 22