Northern Iowa routs Indiana State 62-40Jan 17, 2010 - 4:05 AM CEDAR FALLS, Iowa(AP) -- Adam Koch scored 13 points and Northern Iowa breezed to its school-record 15th straight victory Saturday night, routing Indiana State 62-40.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe and Johnny Moran scored 11 points each for the Panthers (16-1, 7-0 Missouri Valley). Lucas O'Rear scored 10 points for Northern Iowa, which hasn't lost since falling to DePaul 60-52 on Nov. 20.
Harry Marshall, with 11 points, was the only Sycamores player in double figures. Indiana State (11-7, 3-4) was held to 27 percent shooting for the game and went just 4-for-25 in the second half (16 percent). In the game, the Sycamores made more free throws (13) than field goals (12).
The game was tied at 17 just past the midway point of the first half, but Northern Iowa outscored Indiana State 19-5 the rest of the half for a 36-22 lead, then scored the first six points after halftime to lead by 20.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 40
NORTHERN IOWA 62 FINAL
Jan 16 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 22
NORTHERN IOWA 36 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:58 PM
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8