Southern Illinois ends skid, tops Evansville 65-57Jan 17, 2010 - 3:57 AM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- Carlton Fay hit his last three 3-pointers and scored 15 points Saturday night to help Southern Illinois break a four-game losing streak with a 65-57 victory over Evansville.
Tony Freeman added 13 points and Gene Teague came off the bench to hit 5 of 5 and score 12 points in 17 minutes for the Salukis (10-6, 3-4 Missouri Valley).
The Purple Aces (6-11, 0-7) got 22 points from freshman Colt Ryan, though he made only 6 of 18. Evansville lost its eighth in a row.
Southern Illinois shot only 40 percent (22 of 55), but Evansville could not take advantage, hitting just 41.3 percent (19 of 46).
The Salukis led 33-25 at the break. Ryan's 3-pointer cut the gap to 45-42 with 8:58 left, but Evansville could get no closer.
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28
- MVC melee pits Panthers against Salukis Jan 28