Cal State-Northridge holds on for 78-72 victoryJan 17, 2010 - 4:58 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Lenny Daniel finished with 20 points and 12 rebounds and Kenny Daniels added 17 points as Cal State-Northridge held off Cal State-Fullerton 78-72 Saturday night.
Rashaun McLemore added 11 points for the Matadors (7-10, 2-3 Big West).
Devon Peltier led the Titans (8-8, 3-2) with 23 points.
Northridge led 37-25 at intermission and stretched its lead to 17 with 15:50 to play in the second half, but Fullerton wouldn't go away.
The Titans shot 50 percent after halftime but hurt themselves at the free-throw line where they were just 9 of 18 in the second half. Fullerton finished the game 18 of 30 from the line.
The Matadors were 25 of 31 at the line and outscored the Titans 30-18 in the paint.
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Marquette tops Cal State Fullerton Nov 28
- Golden Eagles eye up Titans in Wooden Legacy Nov 28
- Taylor named CS Fullerton coach Apr 3