Utah State wins 81-59 over Boise StateJan 17, 2010 - 4:21 AM LOGAN, UTAH(AP) -- Brian Green scored a career-high 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting to lead Utah State past Boise State 81-59 Saturday night.
Tai Wesley scored 13 and grabbed seven rebounds for the Aggies (13-6, 3-2 Western Athletic Conference), while Jared Quayle, Brady Jardine and Tyler Newbold added 10.
Boise State (9-10, 0-6 WAC) was led by Robert Arnold with 12 points.
After trailing 42-25 at half, Boise State went on an 11-2 run to open the second half, closing to within eight, 44-36, with 15:05 to play. That was as close as the Broncos could get as USU shot 52.6 percent from the field in the game, and BSU shoot 40.8 percent.
USU held Ike Okeye, BSU's leading scorer, to eight points.
Boise State tied the game 7-7 early in the first half, before USU went on an extended run, highlighted by Green shooting 3 of 4 from the 3-point line. Green ended the half with 12.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9