San Diego State defeats TCU, 67-62Jan 17, 2010 - 5:20 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Billy White scored 16 points, including eight points down the stretch, to lead San Diego State to a 67-62 win over TCU on Saturday night.
San Diego State (13-5, 2-2 Mountain West Conference) overcame an 11-point deficit early in the second half and outscored the Horned Frogs 36-23 in the final 18 minutes after an altercation between TCU's Ronnie Moss and White.
The Aztecs, who trailed 38-29 at halftime, took their first lead with 8:53 left in the game on Kelvin Davis' fastbreak layup. San Diego State went ahead for good at 54-52 on Chase Tapley's 3-pointer with 6:19 left. White then scored eight points to keep the Aztecs ahead.
Edvinas Ruzgas had 16 points for TCU (9-9, 2-2) and Zvonko Buljan added 13. Moss, the Horned Frogs' leading scorer was held to six points as he made just 2 of 10 shots.
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO ST 67 FINAL
Jan 17 12:07 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO ST 29 HALFTIME
Jan 16 10:47 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22