Willard leads Pacific over UC Irvine 64-51Jan 17, 2010 - 5:15 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Sam Willard had 12 points and 11 rebounds to lead Pacific to a 64-51 victory over UC Irvine on Saturday night.
Pat Eveland came off the bench to score all of his 14 points in the first half for the Tigers (10-6, 3-1 Big West). Demetrece Young scored 10 points and Terrell Smith had eight points and seven rebounds.
Darren Moore scored a game-high 18 points to lead UC Irvine (8-10, 2-4). Adam Folker added 12 points and seven rebounds for the Anteaters.
Willard scored inside three times during an 8-0 Pacific run that gave the Tigers their biggest lead, 50-29, early in the second half. That cushion never fell below 13 points in the final 25 minutes.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19