Lehigh defeats Army 73-55Jan 17, 2010 - 9:40 PM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Zahir Carrington scored 20 points and Lehigh defeated Army 73-55 on Sunday.
The Mountain Hawks (11-7, 2-1 Patriot League) shot 45.3 percent from the field (24 of 53) and 38.9 percent from 3-point range (7 of 18) in snapping a five-game road losing streak against conference opponents. Lehigh also snapped the Black Knights' eight-game home winning streak.
Army (11-6, 1-2) led for most of the first 9:20 before the Mountain Hawks went on a 9-2 run. Holden Greiner's layup with 5:48 left in the first half put Lehigh ahead 24-17.
The Mountain Hawks led 33-23 at halftime, and increased their lead to as much as 68-48 on Julian Simmons' 3 with 1:53 remaining.
Marquis Hall added 15 points and seven assists for the Mountain Hawks, CJ McCollum had 13 points and Dave Buchberger chipped in 12.
The Black Knights were led by Cleveland Richard with 11 points.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18