St. John's rolls past DePaul 67-47Jan 17, 2010 - 9:56 PM NEW YORK(AP) -- Justin Burrell scored 11 points and 11 St. John's players scored as the Red Storm routed DePaul 67-47 on Sunday.
Justin Brownlee added 10 points and leading scorer D.J. Kennedy (15.8 points a game) had eight points in 25 minutes as St. John's (12-5, 2-3 Big East) won its second straight game.
The Red Storm used a 10-0 first-half run to take a 27-15 lead on Brownlee's layup with 3:23 left and shot 50 percent from the field (11-for-22) to take a 31-20 halftime lead
St. John's scored the first two baskets of the second half for a 35-20 lead, and after DePaul (7-10, 0-5) scored, the Red Storm put the game away with an 18-2 run and a 53-24 lead with 10:20 to play.
Anthony Mason Jr. had eight points and 10 rebounds for St. John's, which outrebounded DePaul 46-26.
Will Walker led DePaul with 14 points and Mike Stovall added 11 points.
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- St. John's center Sima out 4-6 weeks with broken hand Jan 8
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- St. John's freshman Kassoum Yakwe cleared to play by NCAA Nov 25
- NCAA reinstates St. John's guard Felix Balamou Nov 19
- St. John's Balamou sidelined indefinitely by NCAA Nov 13
- St. John's LoVett ruled a partial qualifier by NCAA Nov 11
- St. Thomas Aquinas beats St. John's 90-58 Nov 4
- St. John's about to start the "Mullin Era" Oct 21
- Richmond, St. Jean complete Mullin's staff Oct 6
- St. John's hires Chris Mullin as coach Mar 31
- Report: Mullin to be St. John's coach Mar 30