Loyola, Md. 43, St. Peter's 48Jan 17, 2010 - 10:22 PM JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -- Nick Leon scored 20 points and Saint Peter's held Loyola (Md.) scoreless in the final 1:09 to take a 48-43 victory on Sunday.
Loyola shot 15.4 percent from the field (4-for-26) in the second half and the Peacocks (10-8, 5-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) overcame a seven-point halftime deficit.
Saint Peter's started the second half with an 18-1 run to take a 32-22 lead on Leon's free throws with 10:48 remaining, but the Greyhounds (9-9, 2-6) cut the lead to 40-39 on Brian Rudolph's free throws with 1:46 to play.
Loyola didn't score after Shane Walker's free throws cut the lead to 45-43 with 1:10 left.
The teams combined to go 4-for-23 from the 3-point arc.
Leon was 7-for-10 from the field and Ryan Bacon had 12 rebounds for Saint Peter's.
Walker finished with 13 and Robert Olson added 10 points for Loyola, which shot 25 percent from the field (12-for-48).
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 43
ST PETERS 48 FINAL
Jan 17 4:03 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 21
ST PETERS 14 HALFTIME
Jan 17 2:46 PM
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22
- Greyhounds face tall task in clash with third-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22
- Purdue steamrolls Saint Peter's Mar 19