Montana State gets past Sacramento State 58-53Jan 17, 2010 - 11:15 PM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Marquis Navarre scored 14 points, including eight straight free throws down the stretch, in Montana State's 58-53 victory over Sacramento State on Sunday.
Erik Rush added 14 points and Austin Brown had nine rebounds for the Bobcats (10-7, 5-2 Big Sky).
Domineek Daniel had 18 points, six rebounds, and four steals for the Hornets (7-12, 1-5).
After a slow-moving first half, Navarre gave Montana State its biggest lead, 44-35, when he hit two free throws with 3:30 to play.
Sacramento State cut the lead to four points, but six straight free throws from Navarre and a three-point play from Will Bynum sealed the victory for the Bobcats.
After Antonio Flaggs' two-handed dunk put the Hornets up 15-14 with 6:21 remaining in the first half, neither team scored again from the field the rest of the half. The score was tied 16-16 at intermission.
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Montana St. 73, Montana 67 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27
- San Jose St. 77, Montana St. 66 Feb 20
- Montana defeats Sacramento State, 86-58 Feb 20