Delaware State tops Florida A&M 64-57Jan 19, 2010 - 3:40 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Marcus Neal scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Delaware State to a 64-57 win over Florida A&M on Monday night.
Chad Wilson also scored 13 points for the Hornets (8-7, 3-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won four games in a row.
Neal's layup with 27 seconds left gave the Hornets a 60-57 lead. Florida A&M's Chris Walker missed a potential game-tying 3-pointer 10 seconds later, and a dunk from Frisco Sandidge secured the win for Delaware State.
The Rattlers (3-14, 1-4) were led by Rasheem Jenkins, who scored 16 points. Larry Jackson added 15 points while Yannick Crowder chipped in with 11 rebounds. Florida A&M has lost four of its past five games.
Delaware State totaled 11 steals and forced the Rattlers into 18 turnovers.
The Hornets shot 46.2 percent from the field (24-for-52), while Florida A&M shot 42.9 percent (18-for-42).
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Pitt stays unbeaten with rout of Delaware State Dec 8
- SC State defeats Delaware State 70-66 in OT Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11