M. Tennessee defeats W. Kentucky 47-46 on late 3Jan 19, 2010 - 3:46 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- James Washington hit a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left to give Middle Tennessee a 47-46 win over Western Kentucky on Monday night.
The Blue Raiders (9-10, 4-3 Sun Belt Conference), who led by as many as 13 points, 37-24, with 12:33 left, fell behind 44-41 on a 3-pointer by Western Kentucky's Desmond Yates with 2:31 remaining.
A.J. Slaughter tied it on a 3 with 2:11, before two free throws by Jeremy Evans put the Hilltoppers (11-6, 4-2) back on top, 46-44, with 1:22 to go.
The Hilltoppers then turned the ball over, setting up Washington's shot.
Yates scored 14 points and Montarrio Haddock added 11 for the Blue Raiders. Washington finished with nine for Middle Tennessee, which lost two in a row and four out of its last five heading in.
Steffphon Pettigrew scored 12 points and Slaughter finished with 11 for Western Kentucky.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19
- Boynton, Gators drop Blue Raiders Nov 19
- Blue Raiders and Gators clash in battle of unbeatens Nov 18