Virginia Tech routs North Carolina Central 72-30Jan 19, 2010 - 3:05 AM BLACKSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Erick Green scored 11 points to help Virginia Tech to an easy 72-30 victory over North Carolina Central on Monday night.
Dorenzo Hudson, who scored eight of the Hokies first 10 points, helped them jump out to a 20-4 lead and they never trailed.
The Eagles (4-16) made just two of their first 18 shots, and went 4-for-27 in the first half. Virginia Tech (14-3) led 30-8 at halftime.
North Carolina Central's first-half total was the fewest points allowed by Virginia Tech under coach Seth Greenberg.
Malcolm Delaney, the ACC's leading scorer at 20.9 points per game, scored just five points against the Eagles.
NC Central, which saw its two-game winning streak snapped, was led by Nick Chasten's 11 points. C.J. Wilkerson, the Eagles' leading scorer (16.4 ppg), was 1-for-11 with just two points before fouling out with 7:38 remaining.
- Virginia Tech grants sophomore guard Jalen Hudson release Apr 6
- No. 2 North Carolina's game at Virginia Tech moved to 3 p.m. Jan 23
- Virginia Tech Hokies deeper in Buzz Williams 2nd season Oct 26
- Virginia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Hokies leading scorer Smith to transfer Mar 26
- Brogdon, Virginia top Va Tech Feb 28
- Hokies and Cavaliers meet in Old Dominion State showdown Feb 28
- Duke survives Virginia Tech in OT Feb 26
- No. 4 Duke take on Virginia Tech in ACC tilt Feb 25
- No. 2 Virginia rallies past Virginia Tech Jan 25
- Rivals meet in ACC affair Jan 25
- Notre Dame crushes overmatched Virginia Tech Jan 23