Missouri State holds off Indiana State 99-92 in OTJan 20, 2010 - 3:50 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Jermaine Mallett scored 18 points, including eight in overtime, to lead Missouri State to a 99-92 victory over Indiana State on Tuesday night.
The Bears (14-5, 4-4 Missouri Valley) watched a 24-point second-half lead evaporate after the Sycamores (11-8, 3-5) hit 11 of 14 3-pointers in the second half, including one by Harry Marshall with nine-10ths of a second left.
After Missouri State went up 60-38 with 12:09 left, Indiana State started a 28-13 run to trail 73-66 with 4:37 left.
Indiana State outscored Missouri State 14-4 in the last 2:16 of regulation.
Caleb Patterson scored 17 for Missouri State, and Will Creekmore added 15. Kyle Weems and Keith Pickens scored 11 each, and Nafis Ricks had 10.
Marshall finished with 21 points for Indiana State, and Carl Richard had 20. Jordan Printy had 18, while Aaron Carter added 14 and Rashad Reed 10.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 92
MISSOURI ST 99 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 19 10:24 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 23
MISSOURI ST 43 HALFTIME
Jan 19 8:54 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21