Boston College rallies past Miami 79-75Jan 20, 2010 - 4:37 AM By STEVEN WINE AP Sports Writer
CORAL GABLES, Fla.(AP) -- Reserve Reggie Jackson scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half, and Boston College overcame a 17-point deficit with less than 16 minutes left to beat Miami 79-75 Tuesday night.
The Eagles trailed 58-41 before a 22-7 run got them back in the game. Jackson fed Joe Trapani for a layup as the shot-clock buzzer sounded to put the Eagles ahead for the first time in the second half, 70-69 with 2:50 left.
They led the rest of the way. Trapani, a junior, scored a career-high 31 points.
The Eagles (11-8, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) completed a season sweep of Miami. Boston College also won when the teams played Dec. 6 but had since lost three consecutive league games, all by 16 points or more.
The Hurricanes (15-4, 1-4) have lost three in a row after they briefly cracked the Top 25 thanks to their best start in 50 years.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 79
MIAMI FL 75 FINAL
Jan 19 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 35
MIAMI FL 45 HALFTIME
Jan 19 9:52 PM
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Apr 13
- Miami Hurricanes sophomore James Palmer decides to transfer Mar 28
- Miami falls to 0-3 in Sweet 16, routed 92-69 by Villanova Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Miami plays Villanova with chance at 1st Elite 8 berth Mar 21
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Fast-paced game expected in Miami, Buffalo matchup Mar 16
- Larranaga hopes Miami can recapture George Mason's magic Mar 8
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Larranaga optimistic No. 7 Hurricanes will finish strong Feb 29
- Miami's Newton suspended 3 games for violating team rules Feb 27
- No. 11 Hurricanes to face 4 ranked teams in 12 days Feb 18