Wright paces Dayton over George Washington 66-51Jan 21, 2010 - 2:27 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright had 14 points and 12 rebounds and sparked an early second-half surge to lead Dayton to a 66-51 victory over George Washington on Wednesday night.
Dayton (14-4, 3-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) opened the second half with a 16-4 run to lead 54-30 with 14:35 left. Wright scored the Flyers' first eight points of the half.
Dayton led 38-26 at halftime, its stingy man-to-man defense holding George Washington (11-6, 1-3) to 37.5 percent shooting and forcing eight turnovers. The Flyers took 10 more shots than the Colonials but shot only 35.3 percent in the half.
Leading scorers Wright and Chris Johnson were a combined 2 of 14.
Dayton, which extended its school-record home winning streak to 30 games, also got 13 points from Marcus Johnson, 11 from Mickey Perry and 10 from Chris Johnson.
Lasan Kromah led George Washington with 14 points.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15