Lehigh defeats Colgate 74-60Jan 21, 2010 - 3:15 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- CJ McCollum scored 29 points to help Lehigh defeat Colgate 74-60 on Wednesday night.
The Mountain Hawks (12-7, 3-1 Patriot League) trailed 44-43 with 12:37 remaining, and went on a 19-8 run. McCollum capped the spurt with two free throws for a 62-42 lead with 4:19 to go.
The Raiders (5-13, 1-3), who lost their third straight, led by as much as 35-30 on Mitch Rolls' jumper with 18:34 remaining.
Gabe Knutson scored 12 points, Zahir Carrington 11 and Dave Buchberger 10 for Lehigh, which won for the seventh time in its last eight games. Marquis Hall had seven assists for Lehigh.
The Mountain Hawks shot 53.8 percent form 3-point range (7 of 13), including 4 of 5 from McCollum.
Yaw Gyawu had 19 points to lead four players in double figures for Colgate. Kyle Roemer chipped in 16 points and Rolls and Ben Johnson added 10 each for the Raiders.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9