Murray's 21 points leads La Salle past Penn 76-57Jan 21, 2010 - 3:23 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Aaric Murray scored 21 points, grabbed seven rebounds and blocked three shots to lead La Salle to a 76-57 win over woeful Penn on Wednesday night.
Rodney Green finished with 15 points and six assists for the Explorers (10-8), who shot 90 percent from the free throw line (18-for-20). Yves Mekongo had 14 points and Jerrell Williams added 13.
The Quakers (1-12) cut La Salle's lead to five points with 8:59 left after a Rob Belcore's 3-pointer and a layup by Darren Smith. But the Explorers answered with nine straight points, capped by Green's three-point play to give La Salle a 62-48 lead.
Murray, who went 8-for-11 from the floor and 3-for-4 from beyond the arc, hit a 3 as time expired to give the Explorers their largest lead of the game at 19.
Zack Rosen was the only Penn player to score in the double figures with 29 points on 9 of 21 shooting. He also had four assists.
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3