Bowling Green defeats Ohio 65-57Jan 21, 2010 - 2:27 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Joe Jakubowski scored 18 points and Bowling Green defeated Ohio 65-57 on Wednesday night.
The Falcons (9-7, 2-2 Mid-American Conference) trailed 57-54 with 3:58 left to play before finishing with 11 unanswered points.
Bowling Green went 9 of 12 from the free throw line, including five by Scott Thomas during the spurt. In the final 3:58, the Bobcats (9-9, 0-4) went 0-for-6 from the field and turned the ball over twice.
Thomas finished with 16 points, including a 9-of-10 effort from the foul line. Erik Marschall added 12 points and nine rebounds for the Falcons.
Bowling Green trailed 29-21 at halftime, but opened the second half on a 17-7 run. Thomas capped the spurt on a 3-pointer with 13:51 to play. The two teams traded leads until the final 4 minutes.
D.J. Cooper and Kenneth van Kempen scored 10 points each for the Bobcats, who lost their fourth straight.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 65 FINAL
Jan 20 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 21 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:51 PM
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17