Akron routs Miami (Ohio) 69-49Jan 21, 2010 - 2:14 AM AKRON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris McKnight recorded a double-double, scoring 18 points and grabbing 13 rebounds, to lead Akron in a 69-49 win over Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday night.
Zeke Marshall added 13 points for the Zips (13-5, 3-1 Mid-American Conference), who have won three of four since having their season-high six game win streak snapped.
McKnight was 2-for-2 from beyond the arc for the Zips, who finished 6-for-14 from long range (42.9 percent). Miami was just 2-for-16 from outside (12.5 percent).
McKnight hit a layup and a 3-pointer to put the Zips up 18-11 midway through the first half before Antonio Ballard pulled Miami back within five on a layup with 10:23 left. But Steve McNees hit a 3, sparking a 10-0 Akron run that put the game out of reach.
The Zips led by 18 at halftime and outscored the RedHawks 31-29 in the second.
Kenny Hayes scored 15 points to lead the RedHawks (5-12, 2-2).
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Niang paces Cyclones over Zips Dec 23
- Iowa State and Akron meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7
- Daniels, Reddic lead Rams in rout of Zips Mar 22
- Akron takes on VCU in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 20