Sam Houston State wins 95-64 over Texas StateJan 21, 2010 - 3:49 AM HUNTSVILLE, Texas(AP) -- Corey Allmond scored 22 points and Autuan Bootle pulled down a career-high 12 rebounds to lead Sam Houston State to a 95-64 victory over Texas State in Southland Conference play Wednesday night.
Ashton Mitchell added 19 and Gilberto Clavell and Preston Brown each scored 12 for Sam Houston.
Sam Houston (11-5, 3-0) trailed by six points 20-14 with 9:35 left in the first half, but finished the half with a 29-11 run to take a 43-31 lead at half. The Bearkats outscored Texas State (8-10, 2-2) 52-33 in the second half, leading by as 36 points.
The victory was the third straight for Sam Houston.
Ryan White led Texas State with 15 points. A'Moute Bidias and Tony Bishop each scored 12. Bishop grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.
Sam Houston shot 29 of 58 (50.0 percent) from the field and Texas State shot 20 of 61 (32.8 percent) from the field.
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15
- Turner leads defensive Aggies past Bearkats Dec 7
- Sam Houston State comes calling on No. 22 Texas A&M Dec 7