Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas-Arlington, 72-65Jan 21, 2010 - 3:35 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Orren Tims went for 17 points as Stephen F. Austin defeated Texas-Arlington 72-65 in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Eddie Williams scored 16 points and grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds. Williams was not the only Lumberjack (12-5, 2-2) to record a double-double as Jordan Glynn scored 14 and had 10 rebounds.
Maverick's (8-8, 1-3) Marquez Haynes, the leading scorer in the Southland Conference at 24.5 points per game and the fourth-leading scorer in the nation, went for 22 points on a 7 of 17 shooting performance. Brandon Long added 12 points.
Stephen F. Austin led 27-23 at the half. They would lead by as many as 10 with 5:57 left in the game. Clutch free throw shooting allowed the Lumberjacks to maintain the lead as they made 30 of 35 (85.7 percent) from the line.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 65
SFA 72 FINAL
Jan 20 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 23
SFA 27 HALFTIME
Jan 20 8:49 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23