Texas A&M-Corpus Christi stymies Lamar 81-64Jan 21, 2010 - 3:43 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer exploded for 32 points Wednesday night as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beat Lamar 81-64 to stay unbeaten in the Southland Conference.
Justin Reynolds scored 18 points and Demond Watt 14 for the Islanders (9-8, 4-0), who won their fourth in a row.
Justin Nabors had 19 points and Charlie Harper 11 for Cardinals (10-9, 2-2), who fell to 0-8 on the road.
Lamar outshot its hosts 53.1 percent (26 of 49) to 48.4 percent (30 of 62). But Texas A&M-Corpus Christi made four more 3-pointers and five more free throws than the Cardinals.
Palmer, Reynolds and Watt combined to score the Islanders' first 32 points. Horace Bond finally broke into the group with a layup that put Corpus Christi ahead 34-24 after 16:37 had been played.
The Islanders led 42-32 at intermission and never by fewer than six the rest of the way.
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28
- Sullinger leads No. 2 OSU over Lamar Dec 21