Illinois State rallies to beat Creighton 71-62Jan 21, 2010 - 3:48 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge scored 17 points to lead five Illinois State players in double figures as the Redbirds rallied to defeat Creighton 71-62 Wednesday night.
Dinma Odiakosa had 13 points and 11 rebounds, his seventh double-double of the season, for Illinois State (14-5, 5-3 Missouri Valley).
Creighton (9-10, 4-4) scored the first 11 points of the game, and led 17-5 before the Redbirds scored the next 10 points. The Bluejays pushed the lead back to 38-28 by halftime, but Illinois State began the second half with a 17-6 run to take their first lead at 45-44.
Justin Clark scored 13 points and Tony Lewis and Lloyd Phillips 12 each for Illinois State. The five in double figures accounted for all but four of the Redbirds' points.
Kenny Lawson Jr. and Darryl Ashford led the Bluejays with 11 points each, and Justin Carter grabbed 11 rebounds.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3