Drake shoots past Evansville 72-65Jan 21, 2010 - 4:08 AM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- Josh Young scored 18 points to lead Drake to a 72-65 victory over Evansville Wednesday night.
Adam Templeton added 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists, and Frank Wiseler scored 12 points for the Bulldogs (9-11, 4-4), who have won four in a row in the Missouri Valley. Ryan Wedel had 10 points.
Drake was 10-for-20 from 3-point range, led by Templeton who was 3-for-5. Young was successful on his only attempt from behind the arc. From inside the 3-point line, the Bulldogs were less accurate, making 12-of-29 shots.
Denver Holmes led all scorers with 23 points for Evansville (6-12, 0-8). James Haarsma had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Aces while Colt Ryan had seven points, seven assists and eight rebounds.
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- No. 13 Wichita State silences Evansville Jan 17