DePaul defeats Marquette, 51-50Jan 21, 2010 - 4:23 AM By RICK GANO AP Sports Writer
ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) -- Mike Stovall hit a jumper with seventh-tenths of a second left Wednesday night and DePaul ended its 24-game Big East regular-season losing streak by stunning Marquette 51-50.
DePaul (8-10, 1-5) got its first win in six games, three games since Tracy Webster was named interim head coach replacing the fired Jerry Wainwright.
Will Walker had 17 points to lead the Blue Demons.
Marquette (11-7, 2-4) got 14 points - all in the first half - from Lazar Hayward.
Stovall's 3-pointer with 9.7 seconds left after Hayward missed at the free throw line brought DePaul within 50-49.
After Marquette missed two free throws with 8.4 seconds left, DePaul 's Stovall retrieved a loose ball and sank his jumper from the right side with seven-tenths of a second to play.
It gave DePaul its only lead of the night.
- NCAA BB
DEPAUL 51 FINAL
Jan 20 11:07 PM
- NCAA BB
DEPAUL 26 HALFTIME
Jan 20 9:48 PM
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Feb 10
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- After road upset, young Marquette looks to improve at home Jan 8
- Wojciechowski gets 2-year extension at Marquette to 2022 Dec 29
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Fresh faces get in on Marquette-Wisconsin rivalry Dec 11
- Wojo readies Ellenson, touted Marquette freshmen for opener Nov 11
- Oh Henry: Ellenson highlights Marquette's big freshman class Nov 3