Fairfield rolls past Marist 70-50Jan 22, 2010 - 3:27 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 16 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Fairfield to a 70-50 victory over Marist on Thursday night.
Johnson scored his 1,000th career point on a layup that gave the Stags (13-5, 6-2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) a 29-17 lead with 7:57 left in the first half.
Fairfield shot 51.9 percent from the field (28-for-54) and outrebounded Marist (1-18, 1-8), which lost its seventh straight game, 38-23.
Derek Needham's layup gave Fairfield a 41-26 lead with 18:18 left and the Stags extended it to 49-31 on Lyndon Jordan's jumper with 14:31 to play.
Needham and Yorel Hawkins added 13 points each for Fairfield, which has won four of its past five games.
Korey Bauer scored 11 and Daye Kaba and Candon Rusin added 10 points each for Marist, which shot 31 percent from the field (9-for-29) in the first half and 35.4 percent (17-for-48) for the game.
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23
- Hall of Fame Tip Off pits Cardinals against Stags Nov 23
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- Connecticut shakes off Fairfield Dec 22
- No.8 Huskies host Stags in Hartford Dec 22
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16