Tennessee Tech edges Austin Peay 94-90Jan 22, 2010 - 4:32 AM COOKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Frank Davis scored 25 points and Jud Dillard added 23 points as Tennessee Tech defeated Austin Peay 94-90 on Thursday night.
Dillard was 11-for-12 from the field and Davis was 9-for-13 as the Golden Eagles (9-10, 3-5 Ohio Valley Conference) opened a four-game homestand by shooting 55.6 percent from the field (35-for-63).
Tennessee Tech led by 10 with 1:21 remaining, but Austin Peay (10-10, 4-4) cut the lead to 90-87 on Justin Blake's layup with 18 seconds left.
Davis hit two free throws with 15 seconds to play and Elijah Muhammad added two more with 8 seconds remaining to keep the lead to two possessions.
Muhammad and Alfred Jones added 12 points each and Kevin Murphy had 11 points for Tennessee Tech. Jones also had 12 rebounds.
Blake finished with 20 points, Anthony Campbell scored 19 and Wes Channels and Tyrone Caldwell had 16 each for the Governors.
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 90
TENNESSEE TECH 94 FINAL
Jan 21 10:36 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 44
TENNESSEE TECH 43 HALFTIME
Jan 21 9:25 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25