Middle Tennessee beats Louisiana-Monroe 69-60Jan 22, 2010 - 3:51 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- James Washington scored 20 points, going 8-for-8 from the foul line in the final 1:10, to help Middle Tennessee State hold off Louisiana-Monroe 69-60 on Thursday night.
Desmond Yates scored 16 points, Calvin O'Neil had 12 and Montarrio Haddock added 11 for the Blue Raiders (10-10, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference).
Besides Washington's perfect performance at the foul line, O'Neil was 8-for-9 from the stripe for the Blue Raiders, who finished 23-for-26 (88.5 percent). The Warhawks were 16-for-22 from the free throw line (72.7 percent).
Middle Tennessee caused 22 turnovers.
The Blue Raiders led by 11 points at halftime and held on despite being outscored 39-37 in the second half.
Dynile Forbes and Lawrence Gilbert scored 14 points apiece for the Warhawks (8-12, 3-6).
The Blue Raiders have won back-to-back games, while the Warhawks had a two-game streak snapped.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21