Barbour leads High Point past Liberty 81-53Jan 22, 2010 - 3:34 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Nick Barbour scored 20 of his 24 points in the first half, hitting five 3-pointers, as High Point routed Liberty 81-53 on Thursday night.
The Panthers (10-8, 5-3 Big South Conference) snapped a two-game skid and are 8-0 at home. High Point took a 17-6 lead on Barbour's four-point play, then used a 13-2 run in the last 5:43 of the first half to lead 36-21 at the break. The Flames shot 26.1 percent (6-for-23) in the first half.
Liberty (9-11, 4-4) got no closer than 11 in the second half as the Panthers shot 60 percent from the field (15-for-25) to finish at 45.2 percent (28-for-62).
The Flames played without leading scorer Kyle Ohman, who fractured a bone in his left wrist against Gardner-Webb on Jan. 14 and underwent surgery Thursday. He is expected to miss two to six weeks.
Jeremy Anderson led Liberty with 11 points, hitting three 3-pointers in the second half.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2