UNC-Greensboro beats Chattanooga 62-49Jan 22, 2010 - 2:37 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Mikko Koivisto scored 15 points and Ben Stywall had his ninth double-double of the season to help North Carolina-Greensboro overcome an early double-digit deficit to beat Chattanooga 62-49 on Thursday night.
Stywall finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds - four offensive - for the Spartans (4-15, 3-5 Southern Conference), who avenged their 58-45 lost to Chattanooga on Jan. 11.
The Mocs (11-8, 3-3) scored the game's first seven points and took a 24-8 lead on a three-point play by Ricky Taylor, who finished with 21 points on 8 of 18 shooting.
But North Carolina-Greensboro outplayed the Mocs the rest of the way, tying the game at 38-38 on Kendall Toney's 3-pointer with 12:35 to play. Toney, who scored nine points, followed with another 3 to spark a 14-2 run.
The Spartans, who shot 22.9 percent in the first half, made 50 percent of their attempts after halftime.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21