Mount St. Mary's, Md. 60, St. Francis, NY 63Jan 22, 2010 - 4:09 AM NEW YORK (AP) -- Akeem Bennet scored 12 points, including a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 1:18 remaining, and St. Francis (N.Y.) held on for a 63-60 victory over Mount St. Mary's (Md.) on Thursday night.
Bennet's trey broke a tie at 58-all, and Ricky Cadell, who finished with 11 points, sealed the win for the Terriers with a late layup for the final margin.
The Terriers (8-10, 5-2 Northeast Conference), who defeated the Mountaineers 61-58 last Thursday in Emmitsburg, Md., have now won three consecutive conference games.
After leading for nearly the entire contest, the Mountaineers tied the score at 58-58 with 1:53 left on a 3 by Will Holland. That's when Bennett answered with a 3 of his own.
The Mountaineers (5-13, 2-5) trimmed the deficit to 61-60 with 49 seconds left on Shawn Atupem's layup, setting up Cadell's late jumper.
Atupem and Jeremy Goode scored 14 apiece for the Mountaineers.
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 60
ST FRANCIS NY 63 FINAL
Jan 21 9:28 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 26
ST FRANCIS NY 37 HALFTIME
Jan 21 8:19 PM
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19